CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 5, 2008

Hummus

I found a basic recipe for Hummus online and it turned out pretty good! It is:

1 16 oz can of Garbanzo beans
1/4 cup liquid from beans
2-5 tablespoons lemon juice (I did closer to 3)
2 cloves crushed garlic
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons olive oil

combine in food processor or blender, and mix until smooth

For those of you who don't already have a good use for this stuff, we have been using it as a spread on sandwiches in place of mayo. Any other good uses? Post your ideas, or just leave them in the comments.

1 comments:

Kimberly Smith said...

Cool! Thanks for the recipe. I need to try it. We have been buying it at the store but I am sure it will be WAY cheaper to make it. Thanks for sharing!